Monday, March 10, 2008

morning

Monday, March 10th, 2008

Lent is drawing to a close. Has it made a difference? Wednesday is my parish penitential service, confession is looming. Am I ready? 5 days till the Ides of March. How is this year going to go? Next Sunday is Palm Sunday. 10 days to Spring (I recently read that Lent comes from a Roman word meaning Spring), 11 days till Good Friday (J. S. Bach’s BD), 13 days until Easter. Enough of this.

Subtlety is the curse of man, it is not found in the Deity. I came across this quote by Flannery O’ Conner somewhere this past weekend. I like it.

Good news. Southern Baptists Back a Shift on Climate Change is the headline to this article in the New York Times.

Slum Visits: Tourism or Voyeurism? An important issue for Christians, and others, who care about justice to think about, and not because I think it slum tourism is wrong or evil.

Altruism: Why are humans altruistic? Jim Holt writes about it in The Way We Live Now: Good Instincts.

No comments: